Wednesday, December 24, 2008

YET TO FIND RELEASE SLOT




By Ezekiel Lee Zhiang Yang http://www.cinema.com.my



"I won Most Promising Actor for a movie that hasn't even been shown in the cinemas!"


25 Mar – If you're wondering about what happened to "Cinta Terakhir", a local movie that has been in the schedules for three years now, wonder no more – lead actor Zizan Nin, who won Most Promising Actor at Filem Festival Malaysia 2007 for his role in the romance epic, explained that the movie has yet to find a slot, despite being planned for release many times already.

Stranger still, Zizan was not even aware that he was nominated for anything at the said festival, let alone be present for it. When Cinema Online caught up with him recently, he said: "That night itself, I was receiving all sorts of SMS congratulating me – but I had no clue what I was being congratulated about! My director called me, and it was then that I found out I won. I got RM10,000 and a trophy for a movie that hasn't even been screened in the cinemas!"

"Cinta Terakhir" is an epic love story about two student lovers, Firdaus and Tina, one from Malaysia and the other from Indonesia. While studying at Universiti Utara Malaysia together, their platonic relationship blossoms into love but great challenges lie ahead in their difficult romance.

So will the movie make it to our screens this year? Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers